One of the things that makes UMBC great is how wonderful our alumni, students, faculty, and staff are. Because of these amazing people, UMBC often finds itself “in the news,” so each week, we’ll be sharing with you a round-up of the most newsworthy achievements from our community.
- Kimberly Moffitt, American studies, appeared on Dan Rodricks’ podcast to analyze Tuesday night’s Republican debate.
- Tanya Olson, English, will do a reading for the Broadkill Review on Wednesday, November 18, at Irish Eyes in Milton, Delaware.
- Manil Suri, mathematics, talked to the Washington Blade about his childhood in India, his varied career in math and literature, and LGBT visibility in STEM fields.
- Women’s basketball guard Taylor McCarley talked to the Capital Gazette about the season so far.
- Men’s soccer ended New Hampshire’s season with a 1-0 win on Saturday before falling to Vermont in the America East Semifinals.