- This event has passed.
September 10, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location: Earl and Darielle Linehan Concert Hall
Trio Sirènes, featuring flutist Marcia McHugh, violist Karin Brown, and harpist Jacqueline Pollauf, enjoys pushing boundaries and highlighting the diverse sonic possibilities of their wind, string and percussion instruments. With performers drawn from the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Trio Sirènes seeks to create innovative programs by presenting standard repertoire, works by contemporary composers, and transcriptions from earlier time periods.
Their program features works by Bax, Debussy, Laitman, Leclair, and Ravel:
- Trio Sonata, Op. 2, no. 8 (1728) — Jean-Maire Leclair (1697–1764)
- Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune (1894) — Claude Debussy (1862–1918) (arr. Dan Reiter)
- Elegiac Trio (1916) — Arnold Bax (1883–1953)
- Images (1986) — Lori Laitman (1955–)
- Sonatine (1905) — Maurice Ravel (1875–1937) (trans. Skaila Kanga)
$15 general admission, $10 seniors, $5 students. Please visit here to reserve seats.
Earl and Darielle Linehan Concert Hall is easy to visit, with plenty of free parking. Please visit here for directions and parking information.
Photo: Roy Cox