UMBC Training Centers does not provide financial assistance however we do work with SallieMae (SLM) Financial Corporation. SLM provides loans for career training. If you are interested in the loan program, click on the link below:
SallieMae Smart Option Student Loan
Tuition Reimbursement Plans
Our programs are eligible to be covered by many employers' tuition reimbursement policies. If you or someone from your Human Resource department would like additional information please call us at (443) 692-6600.
GI Bill Education/Training Benefits
Many of UMBC Training Centers’ programs are eligible for tuition assistance using the GI Bill. Click here to visit our VA Benefits page for more information.
Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Funding
Many of our programs have been approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) to be eligible for WIA funding. This entitles individuals to funding to obtain new skills and certifications that would enable them to become employed. This program is administered through One Stop Centers located throughout the state.
Click here for a list of One Stop Centers
To help our students to finance their education and training, most of our programs are eligible for a payment plan. The payment plan processing fee is $50 per course.
For courses with a duration of 8 or fewer weeks, the payment plan is as follows:
· 50% of tuition and the processing fee due upon registration
· 2nd payment of 50% due at the courses’ midpoint
For courses with a duration of 9 - 12 weeks, the payment plan is as follows:
· 33% of tuition and the processing fee due upon registration
· 2nd payment of 33% due when course is 1/3 complete
· 3rd payment of 33% due when course is 2/3 complete
For courses with a duration of 13 or more weeks, the payment plan is as follows:
· $2000 and the processing fee due upon registration
· Remainder will be broken down evenly over each month of class