CURRENT UMBC STUDENTS
Taking summer courses is a great way to get ahead, boost your GPA, or focus on a difficult course.
- Current UMBC students can enroll in summer session (no additional application is required).
- Register for courses online beginning March 24 through myUMBC.
- Click here to view registration resources.
- During summer session, you can earn up to 16 credits (8 credits per session). To register for more than 8 credits per session, approval is needed.
- Log-in to myUMBC to access your most current account information through Account Inquiry. Highlight the Topics menu, select Billing & Personal Finances, and then select Account Inquiry (view more).
- Log-in to myUMBC to pay your student bill. Highlight the Topics menu, select Billing & Personal Finances, and then select Payments & Billing (view more).
- Purchase textbooks.
Summer session textbooks are available in May at the UMBC Bookstore and online. Textbooks, in the same condition as purchased, can be returned for a full refund with a sales receipt until June 2 (Session I) and July 11 (Session II)
Verify class location and meeting times.
- Log-in to myUMBC to check final grades. Highlight the Topics menu, select Classes & Grades, then select Student Grades (additional information).
Summer Courses Needed for Spring Graduation
If you have already applied for Spring 2014 Graduation, but need to complete additional coursework during Summer 2014 in order to graduate, you must submit a Help Ticket to the Registrar's Office before you can register.
Choose "Registration" from the Help Ticket's "Select a topic" options, and request that your status be updated to "Summer 2014 - Term Only". In your request, be sure to mention that you need to complete coursework in order to graduate.