The mission of Student Support Services (SSS) at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, UMBC, is to provide necessary accommodations to assure all campus programs and services are accessible to enrolled students with disabilities.
Student Support Services' goals are:
● To increase retention and graduation rates for students with disabilities.
● To increase the transfer rates of eligible students from two-year institutions to UMBC
● To foster an institutional climate supportive of success to students with disabilities
Who does SSS Serve and what services are provided?
● Services for students with disabilities are provided for all students qualified under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, who request and are approved for services
● In-class note-taking, readers, sign language/oral interpreters, cued speech translators, transcription/captioning, proctored exams, readers, assistive technology loan are some of the services provided
● Academic advisement
● Peer tutoring
● Individualized developmental instruction for study skills, communication skills and math/science skills
Mathematics/Psychology Building Room 213 (410) 455-2459 Fax (410) 455-1028 Voice/TTY: (410) 455-3233
1000 Hilltop Circle Baltimore, MD 21250