The UMBC Relationship Violence Prevention Advocates program, sponsored by a Verizon Foundation Grant, is a comprehensive program designed to educate the UMBC Community on specific realtionship violence prevention information.
The program includes
- a dating/relationship/intimate partner violence prevention communication campaign
- enhanced online relationship violence prevention resources specific on UMBC community websites
- relationship violence prevention advocates training
UMBC Relationship Violence Prevention Advocates are UMBC community members who:
- are able to provide relationship/dating/intimate partner violence prevention information to their community networks
- observe the UMBC community and take notice of and report community issues to relationship violence advocate trainers
- encourage bystander intervention techniques within UMBC community network and individuals
- make appropriate referrals
- provide helpful resource information to UMBC community network and individuals
- support speak and poster series and other campus initiatives to prevent violence
For more information please contact Kim Leisey at 410.455.2393
Spring 2015 applications will be available November 3.