Summer Aid 2014
Financial aid for summer sessions may be available for eligible UMBC students that are making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Since the summer semester is a combination of all sessions within Summer Session 1 and 2 - your eligibility for financial aid will be finalized after the drop/add date for Summer Session 2. Aid will be approved or adjusted based upon your final enrollment at UMBC for the combined summer terms and will be released to apply to your bill in mid-July. Along with meeting SAP standards, students should also meet the following criteria:
- Have a valid 2013-2014 FAFSA on file
- Submit a 2014 Summer Financial Aid Application
- Application must be submitted by the deadline date of Friday, June 27th
- Complete the Federal Stafford and/or PLUS loan applications by April 18th if not already on file.
- Students must be enrolled in at least six (6) credits and
- Have remaining loan eligibility for 2013-14 (did not use the maximum loan amounts during fall 2013/spring 2014)
For more information please visit the UMBC Summer Session website.
Winter Aid 2015
Generally, there is not additional aid available for winter session. However, Pell eligible students are encouraged to contact their financial aid counselor to discuss their winter and spring enrollment plans. Pell Grant recipients who are enrolled for less than 12 credits in spring may be eligible for spring Pell Grant based on their combined winter and spring enrollment. Pell Grant recipients enrolled full time for the spring semester will receive their maximum Pell Grant and therefore will not have additional eligibility based on winter enrollment.
For more information about Winter Session 2015, please visit the UMBC Winter Session website.