Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel
301 W Lombard Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
- Rate: $169/night (single/double), $269 for suites, for conference attendees plus taxes
- Parking at the hotel is $25/day
- Reservations should be made directly with the hotel at +1 800 HOLIDAY or the local number 410-685-3500 or online with the code EEE.
- The conference rate is available for stay from October 6 to 13, 2013.
- The cutoff date for hotel reservations is September 25, 2013. After this date, the conference rate or availability cannot be guaranteed.
Super Shuttle (For Airport transportation)
Super shuttle is an airport transportation service that runs to and from Baltimore/Washington International Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport and Reagan National Aiport in DC.
Baltimore/Washington International Airport shared ride shuttle service to and from the airport will pick you up from your home, office, or hotel and take you to and from Baltimore BWI Airport.
The BWI airport shuttle service is claimed to be more economical than a BWI taxi or limo. SuperShuttle passengers at BWI airport share the ride with others going in their direction in one of their spacious blue vans. Advanced BWI shuttle reservations and pre-payment can save time.
Driving Directions between Hotel and Airport(s)
From BWI-Thurgood Marshall (BWI) Airport
Distance: The hotel is 8.5 Miles or 13.68 KM North East of the Airport
Taxi Charge (one way): around $30.00 USD
- From the Airport exit, take I-195 North for 2 miles to I-95 North.
- Stay on I-95 North for 6 miles to Exit 53, which will lead you to I-395 North.
- I-395 North for 1 mile.
- Turn left at 4th traffic light onto Lombard Street.
- The Holiday Inn hotel is immediately on the left
From Reagan National Airport (DCA)
Distance: The hotel is about 45.0 Miles or 72.42 KM North East of the Airport
- From the Airport exit, take George Washington Parkway to I-495 North towards Baltimore.
- From I 495, take I-95 North towards Baltimore.
- Approximately 30 miles.
- Take Exit 53 in I-95 to I-395 North towards Baltimore downtown.
- Turn left at 4th traffic light onto Lombard Street.
- The Holiday Inn hotel is immediately on the left.
From Washington Dulles International
Distance: The hotel is about 70.0 Miles or 112.65 KM North East of the Airport
- From the Airport exit, take Dulles Toll Road north to I-495 North towards Baltimore.
- From I-495 take I-95 North towards Baltimore.
- Drive approximately 30 miles in I-95 to Exit 53, I-395 North towards Baltimore.
- Turn left at the 4th traffic light onto Lombard Street.
- The Holiday Inn hotel is immediately on the left.
Local Train (Light Rail and MARC)
Station Name: Camden (Yards) Station, 301 West Camden Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
Distance: The hotel is about 0.2 Miles or 0.32 KM North of the station. Google maps estimates this to be a 6 minute walk.
- Both Light rail and MARC train come to this station. Light Rail travels within Baltimore and surrounding areas. MARC train, however, will take you to Washington, DC as well.
- Bus and Rail Connections Map
Station Name: Baltimore Penn Station, 1500 North Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201
Distance: The hotel is about 2 Miles or 3.2 KM south of Penn Station.
Google Map shows a 6 minute driving distance from Penn Station to the hotel. You can also take Light Rail train from Penn Station to Camden Yards and walk from there to the hotel.
Subway Station Name: Charles Center
Distance: The hotel is 0.3 Miles or 0.48 KM South West of the Subway Station. Google maps shows this to be a 7 minute walk.
Taxi Charge (one way): about $5.00 USD
Dining - Inner Harbor and Little ItalyWebsites:
- Urbanspoon: http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/31/3014/Baltimore/Inner-Harbor-restaurants
- Zagat List: http://www.zagat.com/baltimore/inner-harbor-restaurants
- About.com Info: http://baltimore.about.com/od/fooddrink/a/HarborFood.htm
- Little Italy restaurants: http://www.zagat.com/baltimore/little-italy-restaurants
In the Inner Harbor
- The Rusty Scrupper - Awesome view. Good seafood selection. Dinner buffet between $35 to $52 per person. Here is a link to their menu.
- Phillips Seafood - Right on the inner harbor. You can take the skyway (walkway connecting four hotels and the convention center in inner harbor) May work for a small crowd.
- Cinghiale - Inner Harbor East; phone: 410-547-8282. Expensive, upscale Italian Restaurant. Highly praised.
- Lebanese Tavern Baltimore - Mediterranean food.
- Spirit Cruise - Dinner on a cruise. Beautiful view of the Baltimore downtown from the water.
There are many wonderful Italian restaurants (almost 30) in the Little Italy, which is less than 5 minutes drive from the hotel. Here are only a few of the restaurant's links. Click here for a full list of restaurants in Little Italy.
- Sabatinos: Good Italian restaurant. Reasonably priced.
- Aldos: 306 South High Street, Baltimore, 410.727.0700
- Caesar's Den: 223 South High Street, Baltimore, 410.547.0820
- Germano's Tattoria: 300 South High Street, Baltimore, 410.752.4515
The Holiday Inn Inner Harbor hotel is suitably located for public transportation in and around Baltimore. There is daily service of light rail that you can take you from Hunts Valley in the north to BWI airport in the south. The nearest light rail station to the hotel is Camden Yards, which is also the Stadium for Baltimore's baseball team, the Orioles.
- Weekdays - 5:00 am to Midnight (12:00 am)
- Saturdays - 6:00 am to Midnight (112:00 am)
- Sundays - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Other Transit Maps
Aquarium (www.aqua.org) - 15 minutes walk from hotel.
Tickets: Adults - $29.95, Child - $20.95, Senior (60+) - $26.95
- Baltimore Visionary Art Museum - 20 minutes walk from
800 Key Highway, Baltimore, MD 21230
Phone: 410-244-1900, Fax: 410-244-5858
Web Site: www.AVAM.org
- Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum
01 W. Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21223-2699
Phone: 410-752-2490, Fax: 410-752-2499
This is a fascinating, fun place for kids, families, and lovers of rail roads, rail cars and history. Features the most important railroad collection in America! Seasonal Train Rides and FREE parking
- Fort McHenry National Monument
2400 E. Fort Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21230-5393
Phone: 410-962-4290, Fax: 410-962-2500 Site: http://www.nps.gov/fomc
This 18th-century brick fort defended Baltimore Harbor during the War of 1812 and is the birthplace of the American national anthem. Park rangers offer visitor programs and special events that highlight the park.s history. Visit the birthplace of "The Star-Spangled Banner!"
- Ripley.s Believe It or Not Inner Harbor
Less than 15 minute walk from hotel, right on inner harbor. Excellent place to take kids.
- Maryland Science Center - Walking distance from the
601 Light Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, 410-685-2370
Tickets: Adults - $16.95
A central attraction at the Inner Harbor. The Science Center has got three levels of all new exhibits in bright, open, sunlit galleries, new eating options, easy ticketing in a massive new atrium, and seating arrangements throughout the building. With on-floor explainers, constantly changing IMAX films and traveling exhibits, and special events and promotions, a visit to the Science Center is always different
- Discounted Tickets with Baltimore Harbor Pass
- Harbor Place
200 E. Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21202, 410-323-1000
The heart of Baltimore's renowned Inner Harbor, Harborplace The Gallery features a mix of 120 unique shops, restaurants and diverse eateries, plus live seasonal entertainment on the waterfront.
- Arundel Mills Shopping Mall
7000 Arundel Mills Circle, Hanover, MD 21076, 410-540-5100
A mega shopping destination with more than 225 unique outlet, discount and specialty retailers with brand names; a 24-screen movie theater; and dining options--located just 20 minutes south of Baltimore.
- Towson Town Center
825 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson, MD 21204, 410-494-8800
Baltimore's premier shopping destination offers 200 unique and exciting retailers, including Macy's, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and Crate & Barrel; 15 minutes from downtown. Beltway Exit 27A, Dulaney Valley Road and Fairmount Avenue
- Mount Vernon Market
815 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, 410-727-2595
Small neighborhood store with staples, snacks, beer, wine and ATM
Day TripsBaltimore is wonderfully located for a number of great day trips.
Distance from Central Baltimore by Car: 45 miles
The first and foremost is probably Washington DC, which is only about an hour.s drive from downtown Baltimore. Both MARC Train and Amtrak will conveniently take you from central Baltimore to DC's heart. The best thing about a tour in DC is that most of the museums are free.
Our neighbor to the south is full of ever-changing attractions. Check out some new exhibitions along the National Mall, get lunch or dinner at a top-rated restaurant, see a show or concert at the Kennedy Center, or make a day out of visiting our National Zoo. No matter what time of the year, there's so many things to see and do in Washington, DC that you might want to plan to stay the weekend. Top ten things to do in Washington, DC.
- Great Falls
Distance from Central Baltimore by Car: 50 miles
Another great day trip from Baltimore is a hiking, kayaking, or rock climbing excursion at Great Falls Park, an 800-acre state park in Virginia offering spectacular views of the gushing Potomac River through the rocks. There is a $5 entrance fee per car for visitors who drive into the park.
Distance from Central Baltimore by Car: 57 miles
History lovers will enjoy making the trek to Gettysburg, the historic location of the costliest battle of the American Civil War. Besides a museum and visitor center that relays tales of the war, Gettysburg National Military Park includes more than 40 miles of scenic roads and 1,400 monuments, marks, and memorials that commemorate the battle.
Distance from Central Baltimore by Car: 90 miles
Hershey, PA is the place where all of hershey.s chocolates are made. It used to be a recreation center for workers in Milton Hershey's factory. Today Hersheypark has a huge assortment of rides and attractions for any age. Beyond the normal offerings of a theme park, Hersheypark also has ZOOAMERICA, which features animals native to North America, and Hershey's Chocolate World, where you can see how chocolate is made and get a free sample.
- Sandy Point State
Distance from Central Baltimore by Car: 28 mile
This state park near Annapolis, Maryland is a popular summertime destination for families interested in swimming, fishing, crabbing, and hiking. Located in the shadow of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, beaches at the park are staffed by lifeguards during the Summer months.
Distance from downtown Baltimore by Car: 15 miles
Hop in a car and within a half hour you can be in the charming historical district of Annapolis, Maryland's capital at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. Spend some time perusing the shops along the waterfront, get your fill of fresh seafood, or rent a boat for the day.