Admissions: Master's Degree
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, or Information Systems. A bachelor's degree in another field may be acceptable given relevant work experience.
- GRE scores are not required for admission
- Applicants should have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (Applicants with an appropriate level of knowledge and professional experience in the IT or Cybersecurity fields are strongly encouraged to apply.)"
- Official transcripts
- Current resume
- Statement outlining the student's goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that they feel will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Recommendation letters (optional)
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission Page for special admission information.
Applications for the Master's program are accepted for the Fall and Spring Semesters
Now accepting Spring 2015 applications
Spring semester begins: January 26, 2015
To apply, complete a Degree-Seeking UMBC Graduate School Application and use program name: CYBERSECURITY (MPS)
Apply online or by mail:
- Apply online
- Complete a paper application
Your application should include the following documents: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Personal Statement
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Application fee ($50 online / $70 paper)
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS: Cybersecurity
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact Lisa Gambino or call 410-455-3034