Admissions: Master in Professional Studies, Biotechnology
Master's Admissions Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or chemical/biochemical engineering or other bachelor's degree that includes sufficient credits from relevant courses in the life sciences
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Two semesters of general chemistry and two semesters of organic chemistry
- GREs are not required
Applications for the Masters program are accepted for the fall semester. The deadline to apply for the Fall 2014 semester is August 1, 2014. We only accept applications in the fall since the first science course in the sequence begins than. In certain cases, determined by the Program Director, students may begin in the Spring and take management courses.
All international students should refer to international admission page for admissions information.
To apply, complete a Degree-Seeking UMBC Graduate School Application and use program name: BIOTECHNOLOGY (MPS)
Apply online or by mail:
- Apply online
- Complete a paper application
Your application should include the following documents:
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Three recommendations
- Statement of academic goals
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Application fee ($50 online / $70 paper)
Note: In addition to the documents above, all applicants are required to submit an industry formatted resume. When applying online, upload your resume to the graduate school application.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS Biotechnology
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact Nancy Clements or call (410) 455-5536