The Poetics of Manhood: Contest and Identity in a Cretan Mountain Village. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1985.|
2. These shelves can still be seen in the older houses of central Athens and were pointed out to me by Mariza Koch.
3. Van Dyck, Karen. Kassandra and the Censors: Greek Poetry since 1967. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1998.
4. Quoted in Wellesz, Egon. “Early Christian Music.” In The New Oxford History of Music, vol. 2, OUP, 1954, p.5.
5. Alter, Robert. The Art of Biblical Poetry. New York: Basic Books, 1985:10
6. Baud-Bovy, Samuel, Chansons du Dodécanèse, vol. 2, 71. Paris: Société d’édition “Les Belles Lettres”, 1938.